7.28.2010

jungle baby...

So When Deakon was born he stayed in the hospital for eight weeks. I didn't really get into the nesting phase of my pregnancy until after he was born. When I wasn't at the hospital I was working in the nursery (that I originally thought I had plenty of time for :] ) When he came home everything was a whirlwind and posting about the nursery was forgotten about. Well I've made some finishing touches and I think it's about done.



The after:



1. I used some of the decorations from the baby shower. Janae made this super cute banner and there was no way I was throwing it away. So on the wall it went.

2. Decided to go with brown and green walls. It went well with the jungle theme.

3. The crib was given to us from Mom and Dad Payne, my mom bought the cute bedding.

4. Found these cute little wooden animals at Micheal's for like 50 cents.

5. Yes we do have two chairs. Why? No room in the living room for the big one so we made due. The rocking chair was a gift from my dad...so comfy!

6. View from opening the door. So bright and cheery!



Little Details:



1.Paper lanterns found online for really cheap, and I strung them from cute ribbon from the Ribbon Retreat.

2.The chest was bought for me and handed down to Deak to keep sentimental stuff through the years. The small giraffe print box holds the small things from the NICU. The tiger was given to him from Grandpa Kenny and was his isolate buddy in the hospital.

3. Diaper cake on top of dresser we refinished.

4. I made these out of scrapbook paper and canvases, the idea for the saying was found here. Love it.

5.Covered the "D" with scrapbook paper and hung from ribbon on door.

6. Beautiful Jesus Christ picture that hangs on the wall above Deakon's crib.

7. Lion handed down from Aunt Lyssie, goes well with the theme and is bigger than Deak. He'll have fun playing with it soon!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...