9.25.2012

Becoming A True Idahoan...

 Well, it's been slow process but the conversion is complete. Preston finally became a true Idahoan by working in spud harvest this year...


It has taken five years but Preston has come to rather like the area we live in. He'll even admit it too. He was able to take a leave from Carino's to work for Todd in spuds.He's worked into his third week, and hasn't minded it. Although driving truck is known as a cush job. When I was little I picked in the cellar for my Grandpa and that was pure torture.
 I remember closing my eyes and still seeing potatoes whiz by on the belt.
I will admit though, the smell of dirt in the cellar and potatoes is still one of my favorite smells, reminds me of Grandpa Gary.


Deak and I take dinner to Dad, Coltyn, and Todd every other night and we usually can sneak a ride or two in the truck with dad while he eats. Deakon loved being around all the trucks and machinery. Not to mention taking a roll in the soft cellar dirt. Silly boy...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...