2.12.2011

tooth fairy chronicles: my very own "up"...

Spring semester has started once again and I find myself tired and more un-motivated than ever. This program is work ...and when I say work I mean the mentally challenging, emotionally draining, physically exhausting,... don't want to get out of bed in the morning kind of work.

The longer I'm in this program the more and more I get annoyed with certain things. For example... everything we learn has like, at least five different names. All of which we're expected to know and  be able to use them interchangeably. A "quiz" in Dental Hygiene is by no means an actual quiz. It's usually a forty question test full of true false, fill in the blank, and matching questions.... I find it very misleading and highly annoying that that is considered a quiz.  Seeing how this isn't a private blog I won't go into any other specifics, it's just disheartening. I feel like i try, and try and sacrifices are being made (spending time with D and Preston) but it's never good enough. It feels like I'll never catch up and stay on top.

  But enough of me whining,  and on to my warm fuzzy story...


Late one night Preston called me while he was on his way home and let me know he had a suprise for me, to cheer me up.... I got excited immediately and he warned me not to get my hopes up. What kind of warning is that for a surprise?




A bouquet of twenty balloons later and I was all smiles, (Balloons? I know random right but they cheered me up and Deak had the time of his life the next morning).   All Preston needed was a bow tie, and a black square framed pair of glasses and I would have had my very own "UP" adventure.



 Was it something sparkly, or expensive? No. It was simple and thoughtful and cute.
Where would I be without him?....

1 comment:

  1. He is so thoughtful! You found a good one, thats for sure. And about the whole school thing... that was EXACTLY how I feel about it! haha. "I think I can.." lol

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...