7.07.2011

front porch reveal...

 Summer = break from school, much needed time with family, and CRAFTS and PROJECTS for Me!

Love it!

 Anywhoo, I was looking through my old posts and realized that I never finished this post. I left all (two) of my readers hanging :]  The door has been finished for a while but I did a little summer sprucing up. ...as of right now it's still a work in progress. I'm finding out there is a very thin line between an attractive front porch and  grandma's flamingo and pinwheel plastered place. ( Don't get me wrong, there's nothing wrong with pin wheels and flamingo's, it's just not my style) 
 
Before:


 After:


 

With the door I used a red color (surprise!) and then glazed it for more dimension and an aged look, the twinkle lights were found at big lots (thanks for the info Lacey) for $12.00 a box. I had wanted these type of lights for forever but whenever I had found them, they were way to much mula for a tiny box. The hanging baskets were my mothers day flowers. All in all I think it looks pretty good for little to no budget...

There's still some things I think need to happen. Hanging the star by the door, finding a cute bench and sewing some fun pillows. The big question is weather or not to paint the concrete white. I kinda want to but at the same time I kinda like the roughness of the concrete too. Luckily my landlords are pretty cool about letting me paint and add whatever. I would love some feedback on this!

1 comment:

  1. so cute dev!! I love the set in porch so you can put the little bench there. I like the concrete adding some texture :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...